A personal blog of mine, which may show what I am upto now-a-days.
Email

Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Passing of a Colleague, a Friend

Today I got a sad news that one of my colleague, Fayyaz Ahmed in WAPDA died last year due to cardiac arrest. He was 40, and was married a few years back. Ina Lillah-e-Wa Ina Aleh-e- Rajeoon.

We were in the same batch of WAPDA induction, 1992 batch. He was sincere, friendly, hard working and intelligent. He had two Masters Degrees, one in Structure Engineering from UET Lahore and one in Water Resources from Delft, Netherland. He was promoted to the rank of XEn, just a few days before the death and was waiting for posting.

When I left WAPDA (2001), he replaced me in GM P&D Office, and even afterwards, I used to go to him and had good conversation on cups of tea.

My last meeting with him was in Feb 2006, when I visited Pakistan for my PhD data collection. He helped me in all respects. Even till his death he was in touch with me through emails. Since last few Eid's my good wishes to him are being Bounced Back. I could not think that he is no more in this World. What I thought was that he might have gone abroad for another course/PhD.

Today a common friend on my inquiry told that he is no more in this world.

Aey Moat Tujhay Moat he Aaie Hoti..............

No comments: