A personal blog of mine, which may show what I am upto now-a-days.
Email

Monday, November 3, 2008

2008 Universities Ranking

The recent ranking may be seen on LINK
http://www.topuniversities.com/university_rankings/results/2008/overall_rankings/fullrankings/


My University in Pakistan, the University of Engineering and Technology Lahore, is at 590 Number. The Web Site of the university, mentions that "We are proud of being in the list of top universities" I thin for the first time?

BUT I am proud because the UNIVERSITY is providing Graduate Level Education to Charging a small fee of just 120 US$/year. Compare it with the charges of AIT where I am studying. Its annual tuition charges from a student are about 5,250 US$/year (28 credits @ 375US$/credit). Further compare it with that of Harvard Univ (ranked No, 1) which are of order of 32,000 US$/year.

Should not I be proud of being affiliated to an institute, providing nearly free professional education of Masters level?

No comments: